Author Information At the Circulating Library
Author: Sarah Strickney Ellis (1799–1872)
Alternate Name(s): Strickney (maiden name)
Biography: Writer and educationalist. See entry in DNB or Sutherland.
References: DNB; NCBEL; Sutherland
- Home: or, The Iron Rule. A Domestic Story. 3 vol. London: Saunders and Otley, 1836.
- Family Secrets: or, Hints to Those Who Would Make Home Happy. 3 vol. London: Fisher, 1843.
- Look to the End: or, The Bennets Abroad. 2 vol. London: Fisher, 1845.
- Temper and Temperament: or, Varieties of Life. 2 vol. London: Fisher, 1846.
- Social Distinctions: or, Hearts and Homes. 3 vol. London: John Tallis, 1849.
- My Brother: or, The Man of Many Friends. 1 vol. London: Sampson Low, 1855.
- The Mother's Mistake. 1 vol. London: Houlston and Wright, 1856.
- Friends at their own Fireside: or, Pictures of the Private Life of the People called Quakers. 2 vol. London: Bentley, 1858.
- The Widow Green and Her Three Nieces. 1 vol. London: Partridge, 1859.
- Self-Deception: or, The History of a Human Heart. 2 vol. London: John Tallis, 1860.
- The Brewer's Family. 1 vol. London: William Beeman, 1863.
- Northern Roses: A Yorkshire Story. 3 vol. London: Hurst and Blackett, 1868.