At the Circulating Library Author Information: Grace Webster
Author: Grace Webster (1803–1874)
Biography: Grace Webster was born in 1803 in Edinburgh, the daughter of Rev. Dr. Webster of St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Edinburgh. Her mother's family was connected to the Airlie family. She produced The Edinburgh Literary Album (1835), an anthology, and followed it with four novels: Ingliston (1840) about the natural daughter of a Scottish baronet, The Disputed Inheritance (1845), Raymond Revilloyd (1849), and A Skeleton Novel (1866). In addition, Webster produced a biography of her relations Drs. Alexander and Charles Webster and numerous religious tracts. She never married and died in 1874 in Edinburgh.
References: Aberdeen Journal (11 March 1874); Scotland Census (1871)
- Ingliston. 1 vol. Edinburgh: William Tait, 1840.
- The Disputed Inheritance: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1845.
- Margaret Inglis: Her Life and Trials. A Tale of Social Life. 1 vol. London: Simpkin, 1848.
- Raymond Revilloyd: A Romance. 2 vol. London: Bentley, 1849.
- A Skeleton Novel: or, The Under-Current of Society. 1 vol. London: Hamilton, 1866.