Author: Charles Warren Adams
Author: Charles Warren Adams (1833–1903)
Alternate Name(s): Charles Felix (pseudonym)
Biography: Lawyer and representative of Saunders and Otley. Son of novelist Charlotte Adams and brother of novelist Henry Cadwallader Adams. See entry in DNB under his brother, William Adams (1814–1848).
References: Burke; Paul Collins, "The Case of the First Mystery Novelist," New York Times Sunday Book Review (7 January 2011); DNB; Manchester Times (14 May 1864); Sally Mitchell, Frances Power Cobbe: Victorian Feminist, Journalist, Reformer (Ashgate 2004)
- Randal Vaughan: or, Self in Self-Sacrifice. 2 vol. London: T. C. Newby, 1856.
- Velvet Lawn: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Saunders and Otley, 1864.
- Barefooted Birdie: A Simple Tale for Christmas. By T. O'T. 1 vol. London: Saunders and Otley, 1865.
- The Notting Hill Mystery. 1 vol. London: Saunders and Otley, 1865.
- Ram Dass. 3 vol. London: Tinsley Brothers, 1875.
How to Cite