Author: Hannah Maria Jones
Author: Hannah Maria Jones (1796–1854)
Alternate Name(s): Lowndes (second married name)
Biography: Novelist. See entry in DNB or Sutherland. NB: Jones wrote more fiction, but it is hard to trace.
References: DNB; Notes and Queries (10 October 1908); RLF; Sutherland
- Village Scandal: or, The Gossip's Tale. A Picture of Real Life. 1 vol. London: William Emans, 1835.
- The Child of Mystery: or, The Cottager's Daughter. A Tale of Fashionable Life. 1 vol. London: William Emans, 1837.
- The Outlaw's Bride: A Romantic Tale. 1 vol. London: Virtue, 1838.
- The Gipsey Chief: or, The Haunted Oak. A Tale of Other Days. 1 vol. London: Virtue, 1840.
- The Love Token: or, The Heiress and her Guardian. A Domestic Story. 1 vol. London: Edward Lloyd, 1844.
- The Ruined Cottage: or, The Farmer's Maid. A Romance of Real Life. 1 vol. London: W. Caffyn, 1847.
- Trials of Love: or, Woman's Reward. A Romance of Real Life. 1 vol. : [None], 1849.
- Katharine Beresford: or, The Shade and Sunshine of Woman's Life. A Romantic Story. 1 vol. : [None], 1852.
- The Curate's Daughters: or, The Twin Roses of Arundale. A Domestic Story. 1 vol. London: W. Caffyn, 1853.
How to Cite