Author: Edward J. Goodman
Author: Edward J. Goodman (1836–1921)
Biography: Edward Johnn Goodman was born in 1836 in London, the son of merchant Louis Goodman and painter Julia Goodman. He attended University College London before turning to journalism. Goodman served on the editorial staff of several provencial newspapers before becoming the assistant editor of the Daily Telegraph. In addition, he wrote several novels, at least one play, and a few travel books about Norway. He married Sarah Ellen Brooke and the couple had two children. He died in 1921.
References: British Census (1891, 1911); Who's Who (1897)
- Too Curious: A Novel. 1 vol. London: Bentley, 1887.
- Paid in His Own Coin: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1888.
- His Other Self: A Story. 1 vol. London: Ward and Downey, 1889.
- The Only Witness: What did She See?. 1 vol. London: Trischler, 1891.
- The Fate of Herbert Wayne. 1 vol. London: Chatto and Windus, 1892.
How to Cite