At the Circulating Library Author Information: Bertha Thomas
Author: Bertha Thomas (1845–1918)
Biography: Bertha Thomas was born in 1845 in Shelsley, Worcestershire, the daughter of Canon John Thomas (d. 1883). She trained as an artist before turning to literature, writing seven novels, many of which were serialized in London Society. From the 1880s, she lived in London, sometimes with her unmarried sister Frances Olivia, a musician. She never married and died in 1918.
References: British Census (1871, 1881, 1891, 1901, 1911); Probate; Times (19 June 1883); Wellesley
- Proud Maisie: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Sampson Low, 1877.
- Cressida: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Sampson Low, 1878.
- The Violin Player. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1880.
- In a Cathedral City: A Tale. 2 vol. London: Bentley, 1882.
- Ichabod: A Portrait. 2 vol. London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1885.
- Elizabeth's Fortune: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1887.
- Sundorne. 2 vol. London: Chapman and Hall, 1890.