Author: Duke de Medina Pomar
Author: Duke de Medina Pomar (born 1854)
Alternate Name(s): (title); Manuel Maria de Medina Pomar y Mariategui (legal name)
Biography: Manuel Maria de Medina Pomar y Mariategui was born in 1854 in Madrid, the son of the General Conde of Medina Pomar and Marie Mariategui. His father died in 1868 and his mother moved to England. In 1872, the Countess married James Sinclair, 14th Earl of Caithness. By the pope, Manuel Maria was created the Duke de Pomar in 1875. Under his titles the Duke of Medina Pomar, he authored five society novels. After the death of his step father in 1881, he and his mother moved to France where he gave up writing and she took up spiritualism. His death cannot be traced.
References: British Census (1871); Burke; Vanity Fair (31 January 1880)
- The Honeymoon: Rememberance of a Bridal Tour through Scotland. A Philosophic Romance.. 2 vol. London: Trübner, 1874.
- Fashion and Passion: or, Life in Mayfair. 3 vol. London: Chapman and Hall, 1876.
- Through the Ages: A Psychological Romance. 3 vol. London: Chapman and Hall, 1876.
- Who is She?: A Mystery of Mayfair. 3 vol. London: Chapman and Hall, 1878.
- A Secret Marriage and Its Consequences. 3 vol. London: Chapman and Hall, 1878.
How to Cite