Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Fortnightly Review
History: Published biweekly (until 1866), thereafter monthly. See entry in Sutherland.
References: DNCJ; Sutherland; Wellesley
Novels and short stories serialized in The Fortnightly Review:
- Anthony Trollope. The Belton Estate. 15 May 1865-1 January 1866 (bi-weekly).
- George Meredith. Vittoria. 15 January-15 October 1866 and November-December 1866 (bi-weekly, monthly).
- George John Whyte-Melville. The White Rose. January 1867-February 1868 (monthly).
- Thomas Adolphus Trollope. Leonora Casaloni. March-December 1868 (monthly).
- Marmion W. Savage. The Woman of Business. February 1869-April 1870 (monthly).
- Frances Eleanor Trollope. Anne Furness. July 1870-August 1871 (monthly).
- Anthony Trollope. The Eustace Diamonds. July 1871-February 1873 (monthly).
- Anthony Trollope. Lady Anna. April 1873-April 1874 (monthly).
- George Meredith. Beauchamp's Career. August 1874-December 1875 (monthly).
- George Meredith. The Tragic Comedians. October 1880-February 1881 (monthly).
- George Meredith. Diana of the Crossways. June-December 1884 (monthly).
- George Meredith. One of Our Conquerors. October 1890-May 1891 (monthly).
- William Hurrell Mallock. A Human Document. October 1891-April 1892 (monthly).
- Thomas Hardy. "For Conscious Sake." Life's Little Ironies. March 1891.
- William Hurrell Mallock. The Heart of Life. November 1894-July 1895 (monthly).