Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Idler
History: Full title is The Idler Magazine: An Illustrated Monthly. Published monthly, priced 6d. Edited by Jerome K. Jerome and Robert Barr.
References: Ashley; DNCJ; Sutherland; William Thesing and Becky Lewis, Indexes to Fiction in The Idler (University of Queensland, 1994)
Novels and short stories serialized in The Idler:
- Arthur Conan Doyle. "The Los Amigos Fiasco." Round the Red Lamp. December 1892.
- Arthur Conan Doyle. "The Case of Lady Sannox." Round the Red Lamp. November 1893.
- Arthur Conan Doyle. The Stark Munro Letters. October 1894-November 1895 (monthly).
- Arthur Conan Doyle. "The Doctors of Hoyland." Round the Red Lamp. April 1894.
- Arthur Conan Doyle. "Sweethearts." Round the Red Lamp. June 1894.
- Walter Besant. "In Three Weeks." In Deacon's Orders, etc.. July 1894.
- H. G. Wells. "A Story of the Stone Age." Tales of Space and Time. May-September 1897 (monthly).
- Inglis Allen. A 'Varsity Man. August 1899-June 1900 (monthly; irregular).