Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
History: Published weekly on Saturdays, price 1d. Full title: England: A Weekly Newspaper for all Classes. Incorporates The Primrose Chronicle (1886).
References: British Library
Novels and short stories serialized in England:
- James Grant. Jack Chaloner. 3 September-24 December 1881 (weekly).
- Wilkie Collins. Heart and Science. 22 July 1882-17 February 1883 (weekly).
- James Runciman. School Board Idylls. 30 March-19 May 1883 (weekly).
- Lily Tinsley. A Woman's Revenge. 3 January-25 April 1885 (weekly).
- Frederick John Fargus. Living or Dead. 2 January-29 May 1886 (weekly).
- Charles Reade. The Cloister and the Hearth. 28 June 1886-1 January 1887 (weekly).
- Hawley Smart. A False Start. 8 January-18 June 1887 (weekly).
- Hall Caine. The Deemster. 28 May-12 November 1887 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. The Fatal Three. 14 January-23 June 1888 (weekly).
- H. Rider Haggard. Colonel Quaritch V.C.. 23 June-24 November 1888 (weekly).
- Joyce Emmerson Preston Muddock. Stories, Weird and Wonderful. 4 May-16 November 1889 (weekly; irregular).
- Joyce Emmerson Preston Muddock. Tracked and Taken. 8 March-24 May 1890 (weekly).
- Mary Kennard. Wedded to Sport. 23 January-5 November 1892 (weekly).
- Florence Warden. My Child and I. [?] 1893-28 April 1894 (weekly).
- Richard Dowling. A Dark Intruder. 6 October 1894-5 January 1895 (weekly).
- Richard Dowling. "The Castle on the Cliff." A Sapphire Ring and Other Stories. 19 January-13 April 1895 (weekly).
- Grant Allen. The Jaws of Death. 27 April-8 June 1895 (weekly).
- May Crommelin. Mr. and Mrs. Herries. 7 March-18 July 1896 (weekly).