Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: Sylvia's Home Journal
History: Published monthly, price 6d. In 1892, the title was shortened to Sylvia's Journal. Edited by Rosamund Marriott Watson ["Graham R. Tomson"] (1892–94). Continues The Young Englishwoman. Continued by The Windsor Magazine.
References: Cambridge University Library; Linda K. Hughes, Graham R.: Rosamund Marriott Watson, Woman of Letters (Ohio University Press, 2005)
Novels and short stories serialized in Sylvia's Home Journal:
- Katherine Sherwood Bonner MacDowell. "Janetta." Blythe Herndon. January-November 1878 (monthly).
- Katherine Sherwood Bonner MacDowell. "Blythe Herndon." Blythe Herndon. January 1879-March 1880 (monthly).
- Eugenie Marlitt. The Little Moorland Princess. April 1879-June 1880 (monthly).
- Anonymous. Esther's Sacrifice. October 1881-November 1882 (monthly).
- Jeanie Gwynne Bettany. The House of Rimmon. January 1889-January 1890 (monthly).
- Augusta Jane Evans. At the Mercy of Tiberius. January-December 1890 (monthly).
- Catherine Jane Hamilton. Dr. Belton's Daughters. February-August 1890 (monthly).
- Adeline Dutton Train Whitney. Ascutney Street, a Neighborhood Story. January-June 1891 (monthly).
- Thomas Cobb. The House by the Common. January-May 1891 (monthly).
- Mary Catherine Lee. In the Cheering-up Business. June-December 1891 (monthly).
- Walter Besant. "In Deacon's Orders." In Deacon's Orders, etc.. January-March 1892 (monthly).
- Hall Caine. "The Last Confession." Capt'n Davy's Honeymoon. The Last Confession. The Blind Mother. March-June 1892 (monthly).
- Florence Marryat. "The Luckiest Girl in Yorkshire." The Luckiest Girl in Yorkshire, and Other Stories. September-November 1892 (monthly).
- William Clark Russell. "The Honour of the Flag." The Honour of the Flag and Other Stories. October 1892.
- May Kendall. White Poppies. January-September 1893 (monthly).
- Jane Barlow. "The Mockers of the Shallow Waters." From the East unto the West. July 1893.
- Jane Barlow. Kerrigan's Quality. November 1893-June 1894 (monthly).
- Ethel Sybil Turner. Seven Little Australians. July-December 1894 (monthly; unfinished).
- Jane Barlow. "The Evil Abenooyahs." From the East unto the West. July-September 1894 (monthly).