Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Ipswich Journal
History: Published weekly on Saturdays (later on Fridays), price 1d.
References: British Newspaper Archive
Novels and short stories serialized in The Ipswich Journal:
- Wilkie Collins. The Evil Genius. 1 April-14 October 1887 (weekly).
- Hawley Smart. Without Love or License. 4 October-9 November 1889 (weekly; incomplete).
- E. Phillips Oppenheim. The Peer and the Woman. 13 June-28 November 1891 (weekly).
- Henry Herman. A King in Bohemia. 2 January-9 April 1892 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. All Along the River. 21 January-3 June 1893 (weekly).
- Julian Hawthorne. A Tragic Mystery. 25 August-29 December 1894 (weekly).
- Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch. Dead Man's Rock. 1 February-23 May 1896 (weekly).
- Edward Harold Spender. At the Sign of the Guillotine. 30 May-22 August 1896 (weekly).
- Florence Marryat. Why Did She Love Him?. 31 December 1897-25 March 1898 (weekly).
- Richard Marsh. Tom Ossington's Ghost. 1 April-17 June 1898 (weekly).
- Katharine S. Macquoid. A Ward of the King. 24 June-1 October 1898 (weekly).
- Allen Upward. The Ordeal by Fire. 22 September-15 December 1900 (weekly).