Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Bristol Mercury
History: Published daily, price 1d. A weekly supplement published on Saturdays carried fiction.
References: British Newspaper Archive
Novels and short stories serialized in The Bristol Mercury:
- Capt. Mayne Reid. Gwen Wynn. 3 June-25 November 1876 (weekly).
- James Payn. Less Black Than We're Painted. [?] 1877-4 May 1878 (weekly).
- George Manville Fenn. The Parson o' Dumford. 29 June 1878-4 January 1879 (weekly).
- Capt. Mayne Reid. No Quarter. 3 April-2 October 1880 (weekly).
- William Bury Westall. Red Ryvington. 8 October 1881-1 April 1882 (weekly).
- William Bury Westall. The Old Factory. 5 August 1882-3 February 1883 (weekly).
- John Saunders. Miss Vandeleur. 4 August 1883-12 January 1884 (weekly).
- Charles Reade. A Perilous Secret. 23 February-5 July 1884 (weekly).
- William Gordon Stables. From Pole to Pole. 8 March-31 May 1884 (weekly).