Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: Once a Week
History: Published weekly, price 3d. Edited by G.M. Fenn (1873–79). See entry in Sutherland.
References: British Periodicals; William E. Buckler, "Once a Week Under Samuel Lucas, 1859-65," PMLA 67.7 (1952); DNCJ; Sutherland
Novels and short stories serialized in Once a Week:
- Charles Reade. The Cloister and the Hearth. 2 July-1 October 1859 (weekly).
- Shirley Brooks. The Silver Cord. 10 November 1860-31 August 1861 (weekly).
- George Meredith. Evan Harrington. 11 February-13 October 1860 (weekly).
- Ellen Wood. Verner's Pride. 23 June 1862-7 February 1863 (weekly).
- Edward Dutton Cook. The Prodigal Son. 19 April-12 July 1862 (weekly).
- Charles Warren Adams. The Notting Hill Mystery. 29 November 1862-17 January 1863 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Eleanor's Victory. 7 March-3 October 1863 (weekly).
- Thomas Adolphus Trollope. Beppo the Conscript. 10 October 1863-19 March 1864 (weekly).
- Annie Thomas. Theo Leigh. 29 October 1864-29 April 1865 (weekly).
- Ellen Wood. Lord Oakburn's Daughters. 19 March-8 October 1864 (weekly).
- George Alfred Lawrence. Sans Merci. 7 October 1865-24 March 1866 (weekly).
- Charlotte Elizabeth Riddell. The Race for Wealth. 6 January-15 September 1866 (weekly).
- Julia Bachope Goddard. Joyce Dormer's Story. 27 October 1866-9 March 1867 (weekly).
- James Payn. Carlyon's Year. 6 July-26 October 1867 (weekly).
- Sir Robert Arthur Arnold. Hever Court. 16 March-15 May 1867 (weekly).
- Baroness Blaze de Bury. Love the Avenger. 4 July-19 December 1868 (weekly).
- Charles Reade. Foul Play. 4 January-20 June 1868 (weekly).
- Anna Caroline Steele. So Runs the World Away. 17 April-14 August 1869 (weekly).
- James Hain Friswell. One of Two. 6 August 1870-11 March 1871 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. My Little Girl. 7 December 1872-31 May 1873 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. Ready-Money Mortiboy. 6 January-29 June 1872 (weekly).
- W. Thomson Gregg. Doctor Middleton's Daughter. 10 May-29 November 1873 (weekly).
- George Manville Fenn. That Little Frenchman. 5 July-27 December 1873 (weekly).
- George Manville Fenn. Thereby Hangs a Tale. 27 November 1875-1 July 1876 (weekly).