Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: St. James's Magazine
History: Published monthly.
References: British Periodicals; DNCJ; Sutherland
Novels and short stories serialized in St. James's Magazine:
- Anna Maria Hall. Can Wrong be Right?. April 1861-March 1862 (monthly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. "Ralph the Bailiff." Ralph the Bailiff and Other Tales. April-June 1861 (monthly).
- Emma Robinson. Madeleine Graham. December 1862-February 1864 (monthly).
- Albany de Grenier de Fonblanque. A Tangled Skein. January 1862-January 1863 (monthly).
- William Russell. "The Tracy Family." The Cruise of the Blue Jacket and Other Sea Stories. December 1861-January 1862 (monthly).
- William Russell. Secrets of My Office. February-July 1863 (monthly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Only a Clod. August 1864-August 1865 (monthly).
- Charles James Collins. The Man in Chains. January-July 1864 (monthly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. The Lady's Mile. September 1865-September 1866 (monthly).
- A Clergyman. Out of Charity. June 1866-April 1867 (monthly).
- George W. Garrett. Waverney Court. October 1867-March 1868 (monthly).
- Charlotte Elizabeth Riddell. A Life's Assize. April 1868-February 1871 (monthly).
- John Saunders. Hirell. May 1868-April 1869 (monthly).
- BTAO No Appeal. No Appeal. April 1869-June 1870 (monthly).
- Charlotte Elizabeth Riddell. "My First Love." Frank Sinclair's Wife, and Other Stories. Christmas Box 1869.
- H. Bouverie Pigott. The Cravens of Cravenscroft. October 1871-June 1873 (monthly).
- Frank Lee Benedict. Miss Dorothy's Charge. April 1872-February 1874 (monthly).
- Louisa May Alcott. Work. February 1873-April 1874 (monthly).
- Colin Rae-Brown. Edith Dewar. January 1874-January 1875 (monthly).
- Henry Kingsley. The Grange Garden. July 1875-August 1876 (monthly).
- Gertrude Townshend Mayer. Sir Hubert's Marriage. October 1875-December 1876 (monthly).
- Hawley Smart. Sunshine and Snow. July 1877-January 1878 (monthly).
- Henry Coe Coape. What Will Society Say?. January 1879-January 1880 (monthly).