Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Leisure Hour
History: A weekly before 1881 and a monthly after 1881, price 1d. Full title: The Leisure Hour: An Illustrated Magazine for Home Reading.
References: British Periodicals; DNCJ; Sutherland
Novels and short stories serialized in The Leisure Hour:
- Ellen Wood. A Life's Secret. 2 January-24 May 1862 (weekly).
- James A. Maitland. Captain Jack. 6 January-30 June 1866 (weekly).
- Frances Browne. The Exile's Trust. 5 October-14 December 1867 (weekly).
- Hesba Stretton. David Lloyd's Last Will. 2 January-26 June 1869 (weekly).
- Katharine S. Macquoid. Rookstone. 7 January-22 July 1871 (weekly).
- Katharine S. Macquoid. Too Soon. 4 January-31 May 1873 (weekly).
- Henriette Bowra. A Young Wife's Story. 6 January-30 June 1877 (weekly).
- Henriette Bowra. Wait a Year. 4 January-21 June 1879 (weekly).
- Anne Beale. Idonea. 3 July-25 December 1880 (weekly).
- Anne Beale. Squire Lisle's Bequest. July-December 1882 (monthly).
- Margaret Oliphant. A Poor Gentleman. January-December 1886 (monthly).
- Grace L. Keith Johnston. The Halletts. November 1889-October 1890 (monthly).
- William Tighe Hopkins. The Nugents of Carriconna. January-October 1889 (monthly).
- Grace L. Keith Johnston. In Spite of Herself. November 1891-July 1892 (monthly).
- Lily Dougall. What Necessity Knows. November 1892-October 1893 (monthly).
- Walter Besant. The Alabaster Box. October 1899-March 1900 (monthly).