Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Aberdeen Weekly Journal
History: Published weekly on Saturdays, price 1d.
References: British Newspaper Archive; DNCJ; Nineteenth-Century British Library Newspapers
Novels and short stories serialized in The Aberdeen Weekly Journal:
- Dora Russell. The Vicar's Governess. 24 April 1878-10 May 1879 (weekly).
- Mary Emma Martin. For a Dream's Sake. 6 December 1879-26 June 1880 (weekly).
- George Manville Fenn. A Double Knot. 8 March-[?] 1879 (weekly).
- George MacDonald. Mary Marston. 2 October 1880-4 June 1881 (weekly).
- John Saunders. Victor or Victim. 30 July-1 October 1881 (weekly).
- Charles Gibbon. Of High Degree. 25 February-9 September 1882 (weekly).
- Wilkie Collins. Heart and Science. 22 July 1882-27 January 1883 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. A Sea Queen. 25 November 1882-9 June 1883 (weekly).
- Hawley Smart. At Fault. 21 April-6 October 1883 (weekly).
- John Saunders. Hirell. 29 September 1883-26 April 1884 (weekly).
- Sarah Doudney. When We Two Parted. 9 February-19 July 1884 (weekly).
- Richard Dowling. The Hidden Flame. 31 January-25 July 1885 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Like and Unlike. 29 October 1887-25 August 1888 (weekly).
- William Blanchard Jerrold. Black Eyed Susan's Boys. 3 September-29 October 1887 (weekly).
- Dora Russell. Hidden in my Heart. 25 August 1888-20 March 1889 (weekly).
- Margaret Wolfe Hungerford. A Born Coquette. 4 December 1889-30 July 1890 (weekly).
- Frederick William Robinson. Her Love and His Life. 6 August 1890-22 April 1891 (weekly).
- James Greenwood. Jerry Jacksmith, of Lower London. 8 January-28 May 1890 (weekly).
- Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch. The Splendid Spur. 25 March-15 July 1891 (weekly).
- William Bury Westall. A Queer Race. 11 November 1891-23 March 1892 (weekly).
- Dora Russell. A Hidden Chain. 23 November 1892-12 July 1893 (weekly).
- Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch. Dead Man's Rock. 6 April-28 September 1892 (weekly).
- Henrietta Keddie. Logie Town. 18 October 1893-30 May 1894 (weekly).
- Sir Thomas Wemyss Reid. Mauleverer's Millions. 28 June-18 October 1893 (weekly).
- Adeline Sergeant. Sir Anthony. 30 May 1894-6 February 1895 (weekly).
- Robert Louis Stevenson. The Black Arrow. 16 January-8 May 1895 (weekly).
- William Gordon Stables. A Girl from the States. 11 August-15 December 1897 (weekly).
- Iza Duffus Hardy. Mac Gilleroy's Millions. 8 November 1899-28 February 1900 (weekly).