Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The People: A Newspaper for All Classes
History: Published weekly on Sundays, price 1d.
References: British Library
Novels and short stories serialized in The People: A Newspaper for All Classes:
- Wilkie Collins. I Say No. 16 December 1883-13 July 1884 (weekly).
- Richard Dowling. The Hidden Flame. 6 July-28 December 1884 (weekly).
- Ouida. Othmar. 3 May-22 November 1885 (weekly).
- Robert Edward Francillon. King or Knave?. 14 March-26 September 1886 (weekly).
- James Payn. A Prince of the Blood. 30 January-24 July 1887 (weekly).
- Grant Allen. The Devil's Die. 31 July 1887-22 January 1888 (weekly).
- Eliza Lynn Linton. Through the Long Night. 29 January-22 July 1888 (weekly).
- Jean Middlemass. Two False Moves. 19 May-27 October 1889 (weekly).
- Arthur Conan Doyle. The Firm of Girdlestone. 27 October 1889-13 April 1890 (weekly).
- Francis Charles Philips. Margaret Byng. 20 April-20 July 1890 (weekly).
- Grant Allen. The Duchess of Powyland. 24 May-15 November 1891 (weekly).
- H. Rider Haggard. Eric Brighteyes. 4 January-17 May 1891 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. The Emigrant Ship. 11 June-26 November 1893 (weekly).
- Grant Allen. Under Sealed Orders. 15 July-23 December 1894 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. The Convict Ship. 30 December 1894-7 July 1895 (weekly).