Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: Hampshire Telegraph and Sussex Chronicle
History: Published on Wednesdays and Saturdays, price 1d (originally) and 2d (later). Fiction appeared in a supplement published on Saturdays.
References: British Newspaper Archive; Nineteenth-Century British Library Newspapers
Novels and short stories serialized in Hampshire Telegraph and Sussex Chronicle:
- Frederick William Robinson. Lazarus in London. 25 October 1884-25 April 1885 (weekly).
- Benjamin L. Farjeon. A Young Girl's Life. 24 October 1885-27 March 1886 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. "One Thing Needful." The One Thing Needful. 27 March-7 August 1886 (weekly).
- James Payn. A Prince of the Blood. 29 January-30 July 1887 (weekly).
- Henrietta Eliza Vaughan Stannard. Garrison Gossip, Gathered in Blankhampton. 4 June-10 September 1887 (weekly).
- Wilfrid Wingate. The Veiled Woman. 10 September-10 December 1887 (weekly).
- William Bury Westall. Two Pinches of Snuff. 7 January-19 May 1888 (weekly).
- Robert Louis Stevenson. The Black Arrow. 12 May-14 July 1888 (weekly).
- Wilkie Collins. Blind Love. 16 July-28 December 1889 (weekly).
- Adeline Sergeant. An East London Mystery. 4 January-28 June 1890 (weekly).
- Frederick William Robinson. The Keeper of the Keys. 22 March-13 September 1890 (weekly).
- Hugh Coleman Davidson. Not a Moment to Spare. 25 October 1890-31 January 1891 (weekly).
- Arthur Conan Doyle. The Sign of Four. 5 July-30 August 1890 (weekly).
- Ernest Glanville. The Lost Heiress. 6 September 1890-3 January 1891 (weekly).
- Adeline Sergeant. Sir Anthony. 27 June 1891-9 January 1892 (weekly).
- Florence Warden. Pretty Miss Smith. 10 January-14 March 1891 (weekly).
- Arthur Williams Marchmont. Miser Hoadley's Secret. 21 March-2 June 1891 (weekly).
- William Bury Westall. Birch Dene. 17 December 1892-10 June 1893 (weekly).
- A. F. Slade. Mary Neville. 2 April-24 September 1892 (weekly).
- Wilfred Beet Woollam. With the Help of the Angels. 1 October-31 December 1892 (weekly).
- Elizabeth Burgoyne Corbett. When the Sea gives up its Dead. 17 June-9 September 1893 (weekly).
- A. F. Slade. A Wayside Weed. 16 September 1893-3 March 1894 (weekly).
- David Christie Murray. A Rising Star. 7 April-18 August 1894 (weekly).
- Joseph Hatton. The Banishment of Jessop Blythe. 13 October 1894-16 February 1895 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. The Tale of the Ten. 16 February-27 July 1895 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Sons of Fire. 15 June-16 November 1895 (weekly).
- Elizabeth Thomasina Meade. Dr. Rumsey's Patient. 28 March-20 June 1896 (weekly).
- Mary Catherine Rowsell. Miss Vanbrugh. 3 October-19 December 1896 (weekly).
- Adeline Sergeant. The Lady Charlotte. 16 January-3 April 1897 (weekly).
- William Edward Tirebuck. Meg of the Scarlet Foot. 10 April-3 July 1897 (weekly).
- Adeline Sergeant. A Valuable Life. 3 July-13 November 1897 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. Romance of a Midshipman. 16 April-30 July 1898 (weekly).
- E. Phillips Oppenheim. The Man and his Kingdom. 26 November 1898-11 March 1899 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. A Voyage at Anchor. 5 August-21 October 1899 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. The Fourth Generation. 14 October 1899-6 January 1900 (weekly).