Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Gentlewoman
History: Full title is The Gentlewoman: An Illustrated Weekly Journal for Gentlewomen. Published weekly on Wednesdays, price 6d.
References: British Library; John Stock Clarke, Margaret Oliphant: A Bibliography (University of Queensland, 1986)
Novels and short stories serialized in The Gentlewoman:
- Henrietta Eliza Vaughan Stannard. A Soldier's Children. 12 July-22 November 1890 (weekly).
- John Seymour Wood. The Fate of Fenella. 28 November 1891-7 May 1892 (weekly).
- Arthur Conan Doyle. "A False Start." Round the Red Lamp. Christmas Number 1891.
- Margaret Oliphant. The Sorceress. 2 July 1892-7 January 1893 (weekly).
- Margaret Wolfe Hungerford. The Hoyden. 14 January-22 July 1893 (weekly).
- Bessie Hatton. Enid Lyle. 12 August-23 December 1893 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Thou Art the Man. 6 January-9 June 1894 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Sons of Fire. 3 January-8 June 1895 (weekly).
- Margaret Wolfe Hungerford. A Point of Conscience. 6 July-28 December 1895 (weekly).
- Rudyard Kipling. "William the Conqueror." The Day's Work. 7-28 December 1895 (weekly).