Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Family Herald
History: Full title is The Family Herald: or, Useful Information and Amusement for the Million. Published weekly on Saturdays, price 1d. Published by George Biggs until his death in 1859 then by William Stevens.
References: British Library; "Geroge Biggs and the 'Family Herald'," Bookseller (4 November 1893)
Novels and short stories serialized in The Family Herald:
- Harriet Maria Smythies. Fitzherbert. 25 July-31 October 1857 (weekly).
- Mrs. M. A. Bird. The Hawkshawes. 2 May-27 June 1857 (weekly).
- Frances E. M. Notley. Olive Varcoe. 2 May-24 October 1868 (weekly).
- Frances E. M. Notley. Family Pride. 7 May-1 November 1870 (weekly).
- Charlotte M. Brame. Dora Thorne. 16 September-9 December 1871 (weekly).
- Mary Cecil Hay. Victor and Vanquished. 4 May-7 September 1872 (weekly).
- Margaret Wolfe Hungerford. "Löys, Lord Berresford." Lo˙s, Lord Berresford, and Other Tales. 18 January-8 February 1873 (weekly).
- Frederick William Robinson. Her Face was her Fortune. 3 May-11 October 1873 (weekly).
- Mary Cecil Hay. "Known by its Fruit." Brenda Yorke, and Other Tales. 31 May-19 July 1873 (weekly).
- Mary Cecil Hay. Old Myddelton's Money. 2 May-12 September 1874 (weekly).
- Mary Cecil Hay. The Squire's Legacy. 1 May-26 October 1875 (weekly).
- Mary Cecil Hay. Nora's Love Test. 6 May-30 September 1876 (weekly).
- Mary Cecil Hay. For Her Dear Sake. 1 November 1879-10 April 1880 (weekly).
- Eliza Margaret von Booth. My Lady Coquette. 29 May-18 September 1880 (weekly).
- Frances E. M. Notley. Red Riding Hood. 6 May-7 October 1882 (weekly).
- Arnold Gray. Wild Warringtons. 6 January-5 May 1883 (weekly).
- Frank Barrett. Little Lady Linton. 8 December 1883-8 March 1884 (weekly).
- Florence Warden. A Dog with a Bad Name. 21 June-25 October 1884 (weekly).
- Mary Cecil Hay. Lester's Secret. 1 November 1884-21 March 1885 (weekly).
- Arnold Gray. Periwinkle. 18 December 1886-23 April 1887 (weekly).
- Mary Jemima Albert. A Hidden Terror. 6 November 1886-5 February 1887 (weekly).
- Ellen Baseley. Sweet Anna Greyson. 26 November 1887-21 January 1888 (weekly).
- Mary H. Folkard. Love will Find Out the Way. 26 May-1 September 1888 (weekly).
- Adeline Sergeant. A Life Sentence. 9 March-13 July 1889 (weekly).
- Caroline Emily Cameron. Lord Elwyn's Daughter. 23 March-22 June 1889 (weekly).
- Caroline Emily Cameron. Proved Unworthy. 31 May-30 August 1890 (weekly).
- Mary H. Folkard. Paid in Full. 6 December 1890-14 March 1891 (weekly).
- Caroline Emily Cameron. An Unselfish Woman. 23 September-30 December 1893 (weekly).