At the Circulating Library Periodical Information: St. James's Magazine
Periodical: St. James's Magazine
History: Published monthly, price 1s. Illustrated. Edited by Anna Marie Hall and Charlotte Elizabeth Riddell.
References: British Periodicals; DNCJ; Sutherland
Novels and short stories serialized in St. James's Magazine:
- Anna Maria Hall. Can Wrong be Right?. April 1861 to March 1862 (monthly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. "Ralph the Bailiff." Ralph the Bailiff and Other Tales. April 1861 to June 1861 (monthly).
- William Russell. "The Tracy Family." The Cruise of the Blue Jacket and Other Sea Stories. December 1861 to January 1862 (monthly).
- Albany de Grenier de Fonblanque. A Tangled Skein. January 1862 to January 1863 (monthly).
- Emma Robinson. Madeleine Graham. December 1862 to February 1864 (monthly).
- William Russell. Secrets of My Office. February 1863 to July 1863 (monthly).
- Charles James Collins. The Man in Chains. January 1864 to July 1864 (monthly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Only a Clod. August 1864 to August 1865 (monthly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. The Lady's Mile. September 1865 to September 1866 (monthly).
- Q. M. R.. Out of Charity. June 1866 to April 1867 (monthly).
- George W. Garrett. Waverney Court. October 1867 to March 1868 (monthly).
- Charlotte Elizabeth Riddell. A Life's Assize. April 1868 to February 1871 (monthly).
- John Saunders. Hirell. May 1868 to April 1869 (monthly).
- BTAO "No Appeal". No Appeal. April 1869 to June 1870 (monthly).
- Charlotte Elizabeth Riddell. "My First Love." Frank Sinclair's Wife, and Other Stories. December 1869. (Christmas Box).
- H. Bouverie Pigott. The Cravens of Cravenscroft. October 1871 to June 1873 (monthly).
- Frank Lee Benedict. Miss Dorothy's Charge. April 1872 to February 1874 (monthly).
- Gertrude Townshend Mayer. "The Fatal Inheritance." The Fatal Inheritance and Other Stories. August 1872 to November 1872 (monthly).
- Louisa May Alcott. Work. February 1873 to April 1874 (monthly).
- Jules Verne. From the Earth to the Moon Direct in 97 Hours 20 Minutes; and a Trip Around It. April 1873 to October 1873 (monthly).
- Colin Rae Brown. Edith Dewar. January 1874 to January 1875 (monthly).
- Jules Verne. The Mysterious Island. March 1874 to March 1875 (monthly). (unfinished).
- Henry Kingsley. The Grange Garden. July 1875 to August 1876 (monthly).
- Gertrude Townshend Mayer. Sir Hubert's Marriage. October 1875 to December 1876 (monthly).
- Hawley Smart. Sunshine and Snow. July 1877 to January 1878 (monthly).
- Henry Coe Coape. What Will Society Say?. January 1879 to January 1880 (monthly).