Serialization-Year Information At the Circulating Library
Titles that began serialization in the year 1846:
- William Harrison Ainsworth. Old Saint Paul's: A Tale of the Plague and the Fire. Ainsworth's Magazine June-December 1846 (monthly).
- James Fenimore Cooper. Captain Spike: or, The Islets of the Gulf. Bentley's Miscellany November 1846-April 1848 (monthly).
- Charles Dickens. Dombey and Son. Part Issue 20 parts, October 1846-April 1848 (monthly).
- Robert Huish. The Nun of Gnadenzell: A Romance. Part Issue 17 parts (weekly?).
- James Sheridan Knowles. Fortescue: A Novel. The Sunday Times 2 January 1846-3 January 1847 (weekly).
- J. Sheridan Le Fanu. The Fortunes of Colonel Torlogh O'Brien: A Tale of the Wars of King James. Part Issue 10 parts, April 1846-January 1847 (monthly).
- Charles Lever. The Knight of Gwynne: A Tale of the Time of Union. Part Issue 20 parts, January 1846-July 1847 (monthly).
- Marguerite A. Power. The Forsters. New Monthly Magazine July 1846-February 1847 (monthly).
- William Makepeace Thackeray. The Book of Snobs. Punch 28 February 1846-27 February 1847 (weekly).
- William Makepeace Thackeray. Rebecca and Rowena: A Romance upon Romance. Fraser's Magazine August-September 1846 (monthly).
- Elizabeth Thornton. Truth and Falsehood: A Romance. Tait's Edinburgh Magazine May-August 1846 (monthly) (not finished).