Serialization-Year Information At the Circulating Library
Titles that began serialization in the year 1848:
- William Harrison Ainsworth. The Lancashire Witches: A Romance of Pendle Forest. The Sunday Times 2 January 1848-7 January 1849 (weekly).
- William Harrison Ainsworth. Crichton. Ainsworth's Magazine January 1848-August 1849 (monthly).
- Countess of Blessington. Country Quarters. The Lady's Newspaper 1 July 1848-1 December 1849 (weekly).
- William Dodsworth. Clarendon: A Tale. Metropolitan Magazine January 1848-January 1850 (monthly).
- Sarah Stickney Ellis. Social Distinctions: or, Hearts and Homes. Part Issue 6 parts, 1848-1849 (irregular).
- Charles Kingsley. Yeast: A Problem. Fraser's Magazine July-December 1848 (monthly).
- Edward Bulwer Lytton. The Caxtons: A Family Picture. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine April 1848-October 1849 (monthly).
- Charles Rowcroft. The Confession of an Etonian. New Monthly Magazine January-December 1848 (monthly).
- William Makepeace Thackeray. The History of Pendennis: His Fortunes and Misfortunes, his Friends and his Greatest Enemy. Part Issue 24 parts, November 1848-December 1850 (monthly).