Serialization-Year Information At the Circulating Library
Titles that began serialization in the year 1857:
- Mrs. M. A. Bird. The Hawkshawes: A Novel. The Family Herald 2 May-27 June 1857 (weekly).
- Wilkie Collins. The Dead Secret: A Tale. Household Words 3 January 1857-13 June 1857 (weekly).
- Julia Corner. Culverley Rise: A Tale. The London Journal 29 June-22 August 1857 (weekly).
- Pierce Egan. The Flower of the Flock. The London Journal 5 December 1857-8 May 1858 (weekly).
- Miles Gerald Keon. Harding, the Money-Spinner. The London Journal 7 February-23 May 1857 (weekly).
- Edward Bulwer Lytton. What Will He Do with It?: A Novel. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine June 1857-January 1859 (monthly).
- Charles Reade. Double Marriage: or, White Lies. The London Journal 11 July-5 December 1857 (weekly).
- George Augustus Sala. The Baddington Peerage: Who Won, and Who Wore It. A Story of the Best and Worst of Society. The Illustrated Times 21 March-26 December 1857 (weekly).
- Harriet Maria Smythies. Fitzherbert: or, Lovers and Fortune-Hunters. The Family Herald 25 July-31 October 1857 (weekly).
- William Makepeace Thackeray. The Virginians: A Tale of the Last Century. Part Issue 24 parts, November 1857-October 1859 (monthly).
- Walter Thornbury. Icebound. The National Magazine October-December 1857 (monthly).
- Frances Milton Trollope. Jessie Phillips: A Tale of the Present Day. Reynold's Miscellany 10 October-26 December 1857 (weekly).