Serialization-Year Information At the Circulating Library
Titles that began serialization in the year 1859:
- William Harrison Ainsworth. Ovingdean Grange: A Tale of the South Downs. Bentley's Miscellany November 1859-July 1860 (monthly).
- BTAO Behind the Scenes in Paris. Getting On: A Tale of Modern English Life. Titan February-[?] 1859 (monthly).
- Ellen Louise Clacy. Aunt Dorothy's Will. The Lady's Newspaper 16 April 1859-14 January 1860 (weekly).
- Wilkie Collins. The Woman in White. All the Year Round 26 November 1859-25 August 1860 (weekly).
- William Lucas Collins. The Luck of Ladysmede. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine March 1859-March 1860 (monthly).
- Charles Dickens. A Tale of Two Cities. Part Issue 8 parts, June-December 1859 (monthly).
- Charles Dickens. A Tale of Two Cities. All the Year Round 30 April-26 November 1859 (weekly).
- Thomas Hughes. Tom Brown at Oxford: A Novel. Macmillan's Magazine November 1859-July 1861 (monthly).
- Charles Reade. The Cloister and the Hearth: A Tale of the Middle Ages. Once a Week 2 July-1 October 1859 (weekly).
- Harriet Maria Smythies. Left to Themselves. Cassell's Illustrated Family Paper 31 December 1859-7 July 1860 (weekly).
- George John Whyte-Melville. Holmby House: A Tale of Old Northamptonshire. Fraser's Magazine January 1859-March 1860 (monthly).