Serialization-Year Information At the Circulating Library
Titles that began serialization in the year 1860:
- William Edmondstoune Aytoun. Norman Sinclair. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine January 1860-August 1861 (monthly).
- Shirley Brooks. The Silver Cord: A Story. Once a Week 10 November 1860-31 August 1861 (weekly).
- Charles Dickens. Great Expectations. All the Year Round 1 December 1860-3 August 1861 (weekly).
- William Hurton. Vonved the Dane: The Count of Elsinore. The Dublin University Magazine January-November 1860 (monthly).
- Charles Lever. A Day's Ride: A Life's Romance. All the Year Round 18 August 1860-23 March 1861 (weekly).
- George MacDonald. The Portent: A Story of the Inner Vision of the Highlanders, commonly called the Second Sight. The Cornhill Magazine May-July 1860 (monthly).
- George Meredith. Evan Harrington. Once a Week 11 February-13 October 1860 (weekly).
- Capt. Mayne Reid. The Wild Huntress. Chambers's Edinburgh Journal 7 July-29 December 1860 (weekly).
- James Malcolm Rymer. Edith the Captive: or, The Robbers of Epping Forest. Part Issue 104 parts, 12 March 1860-24 February 1862 (weekly).
- James Malcolm Rymer. The Dark Woman: or, The Days of the Prince Regent. Part Issue 104 parts, 13 August 1860-[?] 1862 (weekly).
- William Makepeace Thackeray. Lovel the Widower. The Cornhill Magazine January-June 1860 (monthly).
- Anthony Trollope. Framley Parsonage. The Cornhill Magazine January 1860-June 1861 (monthly).
- Ellen Wood. East Lynne. New Monthly Magazine January 1860-September 1861 (monthly).
- Edmund Hodgson Yates. For Better, for Worse: A Romance of the Affections. Temple Bar December 1860-September 1861 (monthly).