Serialization-Year Information At the Circulating Library
Titles that began serialization in the year 1861:
- William Harrison Ainsworth. The Constable of the Tower: An Historical Romance. Bentley's Miscellany January-September 1861 (monthly).
- Thomas Archer. Wayfe Summers: The Story of an Inner and an Outer Life. The Englishwoman's Domestic Magazine August 1861-March 1863 (monthly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Lady Audley's Secret. Robin Goodfellow July-September 1861 (monthly) (not finished).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. The Black Band: or, The Mysteries of Midnight. The Halfpenny Journal 1 July 1861-23 June 1862 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. The Lady Lisle. The Welcome Guest 6 April-24 August 1861 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. The Captain of the Vulture. The Sixpenny Magazine September 1861-March 1862 (monthly).
- Richard Seymour Conway Chermside. Ned Locksley the Etonian: or, The Only Son. The Dublin University Magazine February-November 1861 (monthly).
- Charles Clarke. Charlie Thornhill: or, The Dunce of the Family. A Novel. Baily's Magazine of Sports and Pastimes December 1861-May 1863 (monthly).
- Anna Maria Hall. Can Wrong be Right?: A Tale. St. James's Magazine April 1861-March 1862 (monthly).
- William Blanchard Jerrold. Two Lives: A Novel. The Penny Illustrated Paper 2 November 1861-7 June 1862 (weekly).
- Henry Kingsley. Ravenshoe. Macmillan's Magazine January 1861-July 1862 (monthly).
- George Alfred Lawrence. Barren Honour: A Tale. Fraser's Magazine September 1861-June 1862 (monthly).
- J. Sheridan Le Fanu. The House by the Church-Yard. The Dublin University Magazine October 1861-February 1863 (monthly).
- Edward Bulwer Lytton. A Strange Story. All the Year Round 10 August 1861-8 March 1862 (weekly).
- Norman MacLeod. The Old Lieutenant and his Son. Good Words May-December 1861 (monthly).
- Ouida. Held in Bondage: or, Granville de Vigne. New Monthly Magazine January 1861-June 1863 (monthly).
- George Augustus Sala. The Seven Sons of Mammon: A Story. Temple Bar January-December 1861 (monthly).
- Harriet Beecher Stowe. The Pearl of Orr's Island: A Story of the Coast of Maine. Cassell's Illustrated Family Paper 2 February-11 May 1861 and 1 February-24 May 1862 (weekly).
- William Makepeace Thackeray. The Adventures of Philip on his Way Through the World. The Cornhill Magazine January 1861-August 1862 (monthly).
- Anthony Trollope. Orley Farm. Part Issue 20 parts, March 1861-October 1862 (monthly).
- Anthony Trollope. The Struggles of Brown, Jones, and Robinson. The Cornhill Magazine August 1861-March 1862 (monthly).
- George John Whyte-Melville. Good for Nothing: or, All Down Hill. Fraser's Magazine January-December 1861 (monthly).
- Ellen Wood. The Shadow of Ashlydyat. New Monthly Magazine October 1861-November 1863 (monthly).
- Ellen Wood. The Channings. The Quiver 7 Sept 1861-29 March 1862 (weekly).