Serialization-Year Information At the Circulating Library
Titles that began serialization in the year 1896:
- Walter Besant. The City of Refuge. The Pall Mall Magazine March-October 1896 (monthly).
- Walter Besant. The Master Craftsman. Chambers's Edinburgh Journal 4 January-27 June 1896 (weekly).
- Richard Doddridge Blackmore. Dariel: A Romance of Surrey. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine October 1896-October 1897 (monthly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. All Along the River. The London Journal 4 January-16 May 1896 (weekly).
- Mary Cholmondeley. A Devotee: An Episode in the Life of a Butterfly. Temple Bar August-October 1896 (monthly).
- May Crommelin. Mr. and Mrs. Herries: A Novel. England 7 March-18 July 1896 (weekly).
- Arthur Conan Doyle. Rodney Stone. The Strand Magazine January-December 1896 (monthly).
- H. Rider Haggard. The Wizard. Arrowsmith's Christmas Annual 1896.
- George Alfred Henty. The Queen's Cup: A Novel. The Bolton Weekly Journal 1 August-12 December 1896 (weekly).
- Henry James. The Other House. The Illustrated London News 4 July-26 September 1896 (weekly).
- Adeline Sergeant. Jacobi's Wife: A Novel. The London Journal 5 December 1896-12 June 1897 (weekly).
- Robert Louis Stevenson. Weir of Hermiston: An Unfinished Romance. Cosmopolis January-April 1894 (monthly).
- Robert Louis Stevenson. St. Ives: Being the Adventures of a French Prisoner in England. The Pall Mall Magazine November 1896-November 1897 (monthly).