Author: Jane H. Spettigue
Author: Jane H. Spettigue (1851–1936)
Biography: Jane Hellyar Spettigue was born in 1851 in Launceston, Cornwall, the daughter of grocer Joseph Spettigue and his wife Jane. In her twenties, she began a long career as novelist. Never prolific, her books received generally good reviews. She never married and lived most of her life with one or more of her siblings in Hampshire and Cornwall. She died on 11 January 1936 at Billetts Farm Clayhidon, Devon.
References: British Census (1861, 1871, 1891, 1901); Probate
- The Gregors: A Cornish Story. 1 vol. London: Samuel Tinsley, 1878.
- Jephthah's Daughter. 2 vol. London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1885.
- An Africander Trio: A Story of Adventure. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1898.
- An Unappreciative Aunt: A Story of a Brother and Sister. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1899.
- A Pair of Them. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1900.
- A Trek and a Laager: A Borderland Story. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1901.
How to Cite