Author: Mary Kirby
Author: Mary Kirby (1817–1893)
Alternate Name(s): Gregg (married name); M. E. K. (pseudonym)
Biography: Writer on natural history. With her sister Elizabeth Kirby (1823–1873), she wrote numerous novels serialized in the Family Herald (as "M. E. K.") and the Quiver. She wrote a memoir Leaflets from my Life (1888). See entry in DNB. Note: Several works by this author and her sister are wrongly attributed to Isa Craig-Knox.
References: DNB; Mary Kirby, Leaflets from my Life: A Narrative Autobiography (1888)
- The Discontented Children, and How They were Cured. 1 vol. London: Griffith and Farran, 1855.
- Julia Maitland: or, Pride Goes Before a Fall. 1 vol. London: Griffith and Farran, 1857.
- The Bundle of Sticks: or, Love and Hate. 1 vol. London: Routledge, 1858.
- Truth is Always Best: or, "A Fault Confessed is Half Redressed". 1 vol. Edinburgh: Nelson and Sons, 1858.
- Rose-Coloured Spectacles: A Novel. 1 vol. London: James Blackwood, 1859.
- Lucy Neville, and her School-Fellows. 1 vol. London: James Blackwood, 1860.
- Aunt Dorothy's Story Book for a Good Child, a Naughty Child, and a "Meddlesome Matty". 1 vol. London: James Blackwood, 1862.
- Aunt Martha's Corner Cupboard: A Story for Little Boys and Girls. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Nelson and Sons, 1875.
- The Half-Sisters. 1 vol. London: Cassell, 1880.
- Deepdale Vicarage. 1 vol. London: Cassell, 1881.
- In Duty Bound. 1 vol. London: Cassell, 1881.
- Hold Fast by your Sundays. 1 vol. London: Home Words Publishing Office, 1882.