At the Circulating Library Title Information: Old London Bridge
Author and Title: George Herbert Bonaparte Rodwell. Old London Bridge: A Romance of the Sixteenth Century
First Edition: London: Willoughby and Co., 1848. 1 volume, 8vo., 8s.
- Penny Dreadful, 1 January 1848 to 31 December 1848 (weekly) (52 parts; price 1d.; illustrated; dates approximate)
- Part Issue, May 1848 to April 1849 (monthly) (13 parts in 12; price 1s.; illustrated; publisher J. & D.A. Darling)
- Penny Dreadful, 1 January 1850 to 31 December 1850 (weekly) (52 parts; price 1d.; illustrated; publisher Henry Lea; dates approximate)
Summary: Illustrated by Alfred Ashley. A book with a curious history. Both Willoughby and Henry Lea issued one-penny weekly serializations while J. and D. A. Darling issued a one-shilling monthly serialization, all with the same illustrations. Subsequent editions published by Darling.
References: Bodleian (parts); BL (parts); OSU; POP
- Volume (2nd ed.) from Google Books
- Search for title at The Online Books Page (please note: the search will take you out of At the Circulating Library)